Can you help me access these non-tilt spiral balances?

A home owner from Texas says:
This is a General Aluminum non-tilt window with spiral balances. I've read through the information on your site, but there seems to be a clip blocking access to the spiral. How do I adjust or replace this balance?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bottom of Sash
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thank you for posting,

You have a side mounted sash bracket like the 17-026 that the spiral bow tie has bent. The bracket is installed on the side of the sash and since you can not remove the sash, you first have to pull down the bracket with needle nose pliers and then with the charging tool,  75-005 to unhook the spiral bow tie from the bracket. You then can turn the spiral clockwise to add strength to the balance or counterclockwise to lessen the strength. To remove the balance, unwind the spiral counterclockwise, take the screw out at the top of the balance and pull the balance tube up and out of the sash side. If the bracket breaks, you will need the 17-094 clip on bracket, that fits on the bottom edge of the sash.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.