Can't get door open

A quick learner from Stuck inside says:
I spoke with somebody on the phone about figuring out how to get the door open because it's stuck locked. I don't know who I talk to, but they said sending the picture and you guys would get back to us. Thank you.
Wayne
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image0 (19).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image3 (4).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image2 (6).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1 (1).jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you specify what exactly is stuck? Is it the lever lock or the dead bolt lock? 

If it's the lever, you might be able to pry it open from the inside using a small pry bar. You could also try lifting the door up while trying to unlock it; the door could have sagged and fallen out of alignment with the keeper.

If that doesn't work then unfortunately you may need to drill out the diecast center where the lever handle installs. The idea is to disable the lock. I wouldn't recommend trying this if you aren't used to it; contacting a local professional, like a locksmith, would be my recommendation.

A quick learner from Stuck inside says:
sooo,, do you mean i drill out the key hole ? what's locked and broken is the dead bolt.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

If the dead bolt is what's stuck then this is going to be a more difficult project. You should first make sure that the dead bolt key cylinder is lined up with inside flip lever; if they're out of alignment then it might explain your issue.

If it's just good old fashioned stuck, though, then you should contact a local locksmith to come out and see what they can do for you. I wouldn't try messing with it too much if it's not something you're familiar with.

How to Install a Kawneer Commercial Door Pivot
How to Install a Kawneer Commercial Door Pivot
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.