Casement window lock

A quick learner from USA says:
Will 38-097 work? Do I need to buy screws? Do I need to buy a new cover if I use the folding handle?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Casement Sash Lock
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lisa L2.JPG
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! To determine if the 38-097 would be the best possible replacement for your window lock, I'll need to see a photo of the inside of the lock. This is to see exactly how the lock interacts with the casement keeper.

These casement locks do not include new screws. Below the product description, we suggest holding on to the old screws for installation.

In regard to the cover, are you referring to the cover for the casement operator? If so, I'll need to see a photo of the operator to confirm the options available.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

A quick learner from USA says:
This is the inside of the lock I currently have.the first picture is unlocked and second is locked position.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Casement Sash Lock
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Casment Window Lock
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for the photos. I do believe our 38-097 could work as a replacement for your casement window lock. The opposite handed version is part 38-098. You'll need to review and compare the following dimensions to determine that it would be a fit.

The compatible keeper is part 38-079.

Alternate image for 38-097
Alternate image for 38-097

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.