Casement window, replacement parts

A handy person from Fort Worth, Texas says:
Hi, Im trying to repair some casement windows that the bottom style of the sash has rotted and some of the pieces have rusted out, and some seem to be missing. The crank mechanism is an EntryGard 20810. I have a left, and a right casement on this window. Can you help me identify the bad and missing pieces that I need, and if you know of a video of how to take the widow off to replace the rotted bottom stile, I would appreciate it.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Entrygard truth 20810.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Rusted pieces left 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Entrygard truth 20810.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Rusted pieces left 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Rusted pieces.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out! If the bottom of the wood sash has rotted, it might be best to repair that before replacing the compatible hardware. Especially since you'll want to be sure that the hardware will install to the window, securing it properly.

Your casement window operator looks like it could be the 39-032 EntryGard Dual Arm Operator. The opposite handed version is part 39-031. To confirm that this is the right replacement for the missing operator, carefully review and compare the dimensions shown below.

These operators are compatible with the 39-107 cover along with the 39-114L non-folding handle or the folding crank handle, 39-205. Another replacement option is the 39-107FK , which is a folding crank and handle kit.

The link arms connect to either the 39-509 or 39-510 Clip-Stud Bracket. The wheel at the end of the arm glides along the 39-505 11-3/8" EntryGard Track.

Dimensions for 39-032
Dimensions for 39-032

Dimensions for 39-032
Dimensions for 39-032

Since there is an issue with the hardware rusting out, I would suggest using the 36-004-10 Stainless Steel Hinge Set. Although, you'll need to be sure to look over the dimensions.

You'll likely need to replace both the top and bottom hinge on the sash and this set can be used for the right and left side. Keep in mind, this may require drilling new installation holes to install them to the swinging sash.

DImensions for 36-004-10
DImensions for 36-004-10

A handy person from Fort Worth, Texas says:

Do you , or someone you know of offer a wooden replacement rail for a window like that? Also is there a video to show how to take the casement window off of the frame, and how to properly connect the brackets?
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry to say that I do not have any recommendations for the window replacement. You'll need to contact the window manufacturer or a local mill work in your area, that still makes wood windows, for the replacement.

The video below shows a visual representation of how to replace the casement operator. 

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.