Channel Balances - Heavy Lawson Hurricane Windows

A quick learner from Wellington, FL says:
I'm looking for new channel balances & Sash Guides for three Lawson Hurricane Windows.

Two of the windows are the same and have imprints on the current channel balances as follows: 35DS 55L - I removed the window and it weighs 54.4 lbs. The channel balances look like your, S385-36; however, they exceed your max weight capacity.

The third window has the same style channel balance, but it is only 30" long and so I believe that is the S385-30. This windows weighs 43.6 lbs.

The shoes on all of the channel balances appear to be the 1 3/32 size.

Can you also provide me with the channel balances for the heavy windows and the proper sash guides. I have attached pictures of the guides as well as the channel balances. Thanks for your help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 29DS 48L Imprint.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sash Guide.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 35DS 55L.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 35DS 55L Imprint.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 29DS 48L.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! I believe the top sash guide you need is the 18-192 Lawson Top Sash Guide. To determine if this is the right replacement, carefully look over the dimensions and compare them to an undamaged guide.

Alternate view of 18-192
Alternate view of 18-192

Alternate view of 18-192
Alternate view of 18-192

The balances for your 43.6lb sash can be replaced with the S385-30 with a 2975 stamp option, which can support as sash weighing between 43 to 45lbs. Although, I would be sure to double check the weight of the sash to confirm that it isn't 48lbs.

I've forwarded a link with a quote for the (4) requested 35DS55L stamped balances. You'll be able to use this link to review the quote and place the order from your online cart. 

Please feel free to reach out with any questions you might have.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.