Channel Pulley - Spring Loaded

A home owner from Columbus Ohio says:
Hello - I have a house built in 1981 with a wood framed single(?) hung square sash windows of various sizes. The window balances fit in a channel and are spring operated. The balances in the first set of windows I want to replace are approximately 25 inches long and the only marking on the balance is a "24-" that appears about 23 inches down the bar. Compared to everything I can find online, the way the balances are attached seems unusual. The balance is locked onto a place almost at the top of the frame and there is no attachment switch to push/release. Instead, the mechanism to attach the balance is a hooked metal strip that hangs down from the top of the frame in the channel. My primary questions are do you have replacement balances, and if so, can you provide a part number. I could also use any tips you have on removing these existing balances. Nothing I can find online quite fits the type of balance I have. Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0116.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0115.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0109.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0106.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0100.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! There is a chance we may be able to supply you with a replacement for your channel balances; however, to be absolutely sure, I'll need to see a photo of an undamaged balance removed from the window.

I am specifically looking to see any attachments that could be connected to the balance or that may still be in the window channel, connected to the bottom of the sash.

You'll also need to obtain the exact weight of the sash. Unfortunately, I would not be able to cross-reference the stamp from your balance to determine the which range it needs to be able to carry to support the weight of the sash.

Take a look at the video tutorial below for an idea on how to remove these balances.

A home owner from Columbus Ohio says:
Hello - here is some additional information about my window sash system. As best I can weigh it, the sash is approximately 10.5 pounds. For the window I am working on, both the connection points (channel balance fittings?) for the cord to the bottom of the window are broken. I have included pictures of the bottom pieces I pulled from the channel after removing the sash and a picture of the connection point on the side of the sash. I can send more if needed. Unfortunately, the videos I have watched don't show how to remove my type of channel guides without damaging them, but I do have another window where I might be able to try to pull another channel guide if that is necessary to identify the proper replacement. Thanks for your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0107.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0166.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0164.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0163.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0161.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for providing the photos and for confirming this information. Your balances appear to be the ribbed channel Series 751 Channel Balance, with a knife lock shoe. Since yours are 25", you'll need the S751-25 with a 24R stamp, which can support a sash weighing 10 to 18lbs. 

The clip at the top of the assembly is the 19-030 Long S-Clip, which is sold separately from the balance.

The metal piece at the bottom of the sash looks like one of the cam pivots from the 26-150 Cam Pivot Bar. To confirm that this is the correct fit for your pivot, carefully review and compare the dimensions below.

Dimensions for 26-150
Dimensions for 26-150

In regard to removing the balances, take a look at the video tutorial titled "How to Install A Ribbed Tilt Channel Balance" to see if that might help.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.