Channel balance

A quick learner from Gary, In says:
Looking to replace these. 1/2 in thick 23in long. The pivot shoes were old and stuck closed
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel Balance Assembly
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Channel Balance
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us! I am confident we can supply you with the replacement balances you need for your existing hardware but I'll need to see clearer photos of the bottom shoe to determine the correct replacement. It appears you shoe is the 15-197, but to be sure it would help to see a close up view to confirm. If this is the shoe you need, this will need to be a custom made assembly.

Please also confirm the stamp from the metal channel of the balance.

If the replacements need to be a custom assembly, I'll need to know the exact number of balances you intend to purchase to confirm pricing and availability. There is an order minimum of (2) per custom balance.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions you might have.

Here are the pivot shoes
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Great Lakes Shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Locking Terminal

Thanks for the photos. I can confirm that these will need to be a custom made assembly made with a 15-197 Black Locking Terminal. 

As mentioned, I'll need to know either the stamp from the metal channel or the exact weigh of the sash, if there is no stamp.

Please also confirm the exact number of balances you need to purchase. Again, there is an order minimum of (2) per custom assembly.

I believe it reads 22HD. I need four.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 22HD Balance Stamp

Thanks for the photo! I've forwarded a link with a quote for (4) of the requested balances. You'll be able to use this link to review the quote and place the order from your online cart.

The 19-029 Short S-Clip, attached to the top of the balance, is sold separately. You'll need to remember to add it to the cart along with the balances when placing your order..

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Don't mean to be a bother but I have no experience replacing these. Can you send a quote for just 2? Do you have any videos on installation? Thank you

Sure! It looks like the previous quote was accepted, so I cannot make any updates to that one. That said, I forwarded a new link for the updated quote. Please be sure to use that one when purchasing your balances.

Take a look at the video tutorial below for instructions on how to remove and replace a balance with a knife lock shoe.

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.