Channel balance

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
You should be able to remove them from the sash. If you're uncertain, you may submit a photo of your application.
A handy person from MD says:
Dear Sir/Madam,

Is it possible that some kind of sashes are not allow people to removal? I checked my window and find it seems the channel balances are mounted to the two sides of the sash directly. My house was built on 1987. Thanks!!
A quick learner from MD says:
Thanks!! I will take some pictures and send them to you after work.
Profile picture of Tom

Please take a look at the following guide on how to remove the sash from a tilt window.

Hopefully this can help you out. If not, please feel free to post any other questions or concerns you may have.

A quick learner from MD says:
There are seven windows on my 1987 townhouse. I plan to replace the channel balance for all of them. But I can't figure out how to remove the sash after read a lot of articles from internet. For example, I can't push the sash right or left. There is no any space between the sash and frame I think. I checked my windows and found that the channel balances are mounted to two sides of the sash directly. There are two take-out clip on each side. One is on the top and the other one is on the middle. The top one can be easily remove. But the middle clip is hard to take out because it is almost be blocked by the sash. I attach some pictures. I guess the solution probably is remove the plastic cover. Am I right? I will take more pictures if you ask me to do that. I am very appreciate for any help from you. Thanks. Yunqi
User photos of their window.
Dear Sir,

My windows are no-til.

Thanks!
I got it! But I have another problem. I found the weatherstrips, that slide in the lower sash, need to be replaced. The cross section of it is very small. Do you have it? Or do you have ant solution because I think it's hard to find it.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Browse through our weatherstripping catalog section. What type of weatherstripping is currently using on the window? If you need help matching up a replacement email us a quick profile drawing with dimensions (or photograph).
Dear Sir/Madam,

Two parts need help. Top sash guide: I need the part number. The height of my top sash guide is about 2". As for the top attached, I find two parts are close to mine. First one is 19-031, but I am not surt the position of the rivet. The other one is 19-037. This one looks almost the same with the picture. But the width of mine is about 1" while yours is 1-13/32". Maybe I have cut the left and right wine to fit the size.

Thanks.
yunqi
User photos of their window balance parts.
Profile picture of Tom
We have identified picture # 3 as the Swisco 19-037 Channel Balance Top, Rollyson (with trimmed "wings"), and pictures # 4 and # 5 as the 15-005 Channel Balance Shoe. We are still in the process of identifying the other parts shown in the picture, and will post on the discussion board as soon as more information becomes available.
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.