Channel balance and top guide

A handy person from Washington says:
Hoping you can help as I had no idea there were so many different options and parts. A tenant notified me a window was opening/closing properly. After removing the sash it looks like the top guide on the left side is broken. I'd like to replace the top guide, and while I'm at it replace the balances and takeout clips too (takeout clips are also broken and barely work to remove the hold the balances). I didn't take proper measurements (as I didn't know what to measure) and can't easily go back to remeasure. Let's assume it's a 1/2" channel width though. can you offer any guidance based on the pictures I do have? Window sash itself is 31.5"x25.5". Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230801_173403.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230801_173413.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230801_173621.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230801_173746.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230801_172344.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I would recommend starting by comparing the specifications of the 18-008H top sash guide to yours. We also offer the 16-035A take-out clip shown below. Take a look to ensure that the dimensions of both parts match up to yours.

Dimenisons for 18-008H
Dimenisons for 18-008H

Alternate view of 18-008H
Alternate view of 18-008H

Dimensions for 16-035A
Dimensions for 16-035A

Additional dimensions for 16-035A
Additional dimensions for 16-035A

As for the balances, we can supply the replacements that you need but it will need to be a custom order due to the length, extended travel pulley system and unique combination of end attachments. To get started, we'll need you to confirm the code printed on the balance channel. Also, please note that the metal channel for this type of balance should have a 22-7/8" long metal channel, not including the end fittings. Once we confirm this information, we'll be able to send over an order link and price quote. Thank you! 

A handy person from Washington says:
Thank you! It's going to be a couple weeks until I'm able to go back and confirm the info on the balance, but this is very helpful and I appreciate the support. I'll reach out again when I'm ready for next steps
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Great! We'll be here whenever you're able to get the rest of the information needed to supply your replacement balances. 

How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.