Chest rear drawer guide

A home owner from Lexington ky says:
I'm looking for these drawer guides for my 1997 chest.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Guide 2
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Drawer guide
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Unfortunately, this drawer guide has been discontinued and we have not been able to locate a suitable replacement. I'm sorry that we won't be able to assist with this repair but please let us know if you have any other hardware questions. Thanks for posting. 

Thanks for the info Casey. Any suggestions on a new slide I could install that would work? Right now I can't use my drawer. Thanks for your help.
Profile picture of Casey

The only alternate option that we carry would be the 32-053 track kit. Keep in mind that modifications may be necessary to attach the track to the bottom of your drawer. Review the video below to see if this might work for your repair. 

I think it's possible that might work. My chest has a thin piece of wood between the drawers. I think I could remove it so that the back mounting bracket would work maybe. See the photo attached. Does that kit come with the rear drawer guide to attach to the back of the drawer? Also, if I decide to order how do I do that? Thanks so much for all your help. You've been awesome.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Track
Profile picture of Casey

Yes, the 32-053 comes with a rear mounting bracket and guides for the front of the drawer. See the image below showing all of the included parts featured in our installation video. This kit can be purchased directly on our website or you are welcome to give our customer service team a call at (888) 991-1929 for assistance. 

Details for 32-053
Details for 32-053

A quick learner from Lexington Ky says:
Do you have the piece that mounts to the drawer for this track?
Profile picture of Casey

Sure, the guide in the center of our image is the part that attaches to the back of the drawer as shown in the installation video. 

Thanks but my current drawer has a track on the chest and a track on the drawer that match up. Do I not need the track on the drawer with this? See the wooden track on the drawer below. I really appreciate all your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Track and guide
Profile picture of Casey

I'm sorry for the confusion. The 32-053 is a complete track kit, meaning that you would need to remove the original track and hardware completely to install the replacement parts. If you are unable to remove the original track or make the necessary modifications to install our kit, unfortunately, we do not have a better option that would work for your repair. 

I think this is going to work fine but wanted to double check since he doesn't cover it in the video. Am I glueing these corner guides down to the chest in the front on the sides of the drawer? Any recommendations on the type of glue to use? Thanks much
Profile picture of Casey

The corner guides that come with the 32-053 track kit are intended to be nailed in place. You could also use a staple gun if you have one on hand. Though glue could work to install them, we do not recommend it since it would make replacing the guides much more difficult. Thanks for posting and let us know if you have any other questions. 

Thank you. Where do install the guides exactly. Right up against the track in the front? Do you have to adjust them to size or should they fit perfectly? They seem a bit tall. Sorry for all the questions. We are just struggling a bit. The track is installed but when we slide the drawer in it moves around a lot. Trying to figure out how to keep it straight. Thank you
Profile picture of Casey

The two nylon "L" brackets are installed at the front of the cabinet up against the sides of the drawer. The lower section of the bracket goes under the drawer with the sides upward to keep the drawer in place.

Details for 32-053
Details for 32-053

How to install a drawer track kit
How to install a drawer track kit
VIDEO
WATCH >
Installing the 32-053 Drawer Track Kit
Installing the 32-053 Drawer Track Kit
VIDEO
WATCH >
Kenlin drawer replacements and adaptations
Kenlin drawer replacements and adaptations
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.