Closet Door Slider Wheels

A home owner from Lafayette, Colorado says:
I am looking for new slider wheels from 1950s era closet doors. The rubber has warn down on many as shown in picture.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure if we'll be able to replace these wheels. They may be too old. Could you tell me the diameter and thickness? Could we also see a picture of one installed? That may help us determine what you need.

A home owner from Lafayette, Colorado says:
Hi Tom. Sorry for the late reply but I have attached additional pictures of the rollers (8 rollers on two rockers on top of each door). Each roller has a 3/4" diameter and is 1/8" thick. The metal base of the roller has a 1/2" diameter in case there would be an option to just purchase new rubber pieces for them. I appreciate your review and thoughts.

Doug
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for getting back to us, Doug. I recognize these rollers. These aren't made anymore and haven't been for a long time, which means you won't be able to find an exact match for the wheels. 

That said, you may be able to get a little sneaky. We have a couple shower door rollers that may work as substitutes. See our 10-100 and 10-102 to star tout. Could you possibly install these on your old roller units? Let me know what you think.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.