Coil Balance Question

A home owner from Kansas City Missouri says:

Hello,

Would you possibly have the part(s) shown in the pictures attached? Unfortunately, neither the window or the part have any identifying numbers. The windows are approximately 20 years old. If so, can you provide price and availability? Thank you.

Tom  

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0004.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0003.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0002.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. This is a 15-180 Pivot Shoe, which uses Series 190 Coil Balances. For each coil spring you replace you need to select a spring weight, which designates the weight each individual spring can support. There are sometimes stamps on the old coil springs that indicate this, but if there are none, give me the exact weight of the window sash that these coil springs support, and I can work out what you need. 

Unfortunately, I see no stamp on the coil as you suggested. The total weight of the sash is 19 pounds. I will definitely need both pieces of the "shoe" as I have two windows with problems with this part. I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

Tom
Profile picture of Bob

Based on your sash weight, I would recommend using either two S190-540 or one S190-940 on each side of the window. 

The S190-940 single on each side would seem to be the correct replacement. Also, the 15-180 measurements seem to coincide with my current coil balance shoe. I plan to order the parts, but can you tell me which coil single support you would recommend? One side is broken on my window. I have attached a picture of the support, and it measures approximately as follows:

3/4" wide, 1-1/2" tall and 3/8" deep

From your website, possibly the 15-186 Coil Balance Clip? Thanks again.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Single Support.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Yes, the S190 coils springs use the 15-186 clip and 15-182 bushing for installation. Just let us know if you have any other questions.  

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.