Coil Balance Quote Request

A quick learner from USA says:
Coil balance series: S140

Sash-weight: 21lb window

Coil-stamp: None

Quantity: 2

Comments: Mine was a 2 piece coil spring & a separate shoe. I need the double coil. Year 2003 Alliance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG20230809090812.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG20230725110645.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG20230725110426.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG20230725110400.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, thanks for writing in! Your pivot shoe appears to be an older discontinued version our 15-177. To determine if this replacement will work for you, you'll need to remove your existing shoe from the window and compare the dimensions to those shown below.

Alternate image for 15-177
Alternate image for 15-177

These are compatible with the 1/2" thick Series 152 coil balance springs. To determine the correct spring strength for a particular sash, you'll need to look for any stamps/markings on the metal coil(s) in the window. If there are no stamps/markings or they are hard to read, you'll need to obtain the exact weight of your sash. Once you have the sash weight, you'll divide it by the number of coils in the window.

To install the coil to the shoe, you will need to slightly unroll the coil so that you can fit the coil into the slot at the stop of the shoe. Then you'll need to secure the coil to the shoe using the 33-072 .

We do not have an exact replacement for the covers you have, so you may also need the 15-143 coil bushing, 15-144 coil bushing cap, and the 15-145 coil support barrel.

The Series 140 Coil Balance assembly would not be the correct replacement for the balances pictured here. With that said, if you need to purchase those for a separate window, I'll need to see a photo of that assembly as well.

The shoe dimensions are the same as shown.

Also the sash is 21lbs.

I did find a #5 stamped on all the coil springs!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG20230811085723.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG20230725110645.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG20230725110400.jpg

Okay, great! I'm glad that the recommended hardware is the hardware you'll need.

Your pivot bar looks like it could be either the 26-316 or the 26-457. Take a look over the dimensions below and compare them to your existing pivot bar to determine if this is the right replacement.

Alternate image for 26-316
Alternate image for 26-316

Detail of 26-457
Detail of 26-457

I believe it's the 26-316.
I have (2) coil springs, a shoe & an interlocking pivot bar on each side of sach.

I will need (2) complete sets.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG20230812134626.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG20230812134710.jpg
I didn't see the coil springs listed.
I think I need 4 springs too,
#5.
Is there a video that shows the installation of all of the above to the sash?

My apologies, I included the link for the Series 152 coil springs in the paragraph above. Specifically, you'll need the S152-5

Take a look at the video below for an idea on how to install these parts. The hardware we use in the video is different from yours but they should install the same way.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.