Coil Balance Shoe and Spring // 8

A quick learner from Raleigh says:
Hello, I am needing a little help. My window won't open and close anymore and I need to change the coil balance and spring, but after looking at the parts, the only number I can find printed on is the #8. I need a two pairs, as the other window next to it is also broken, and I have a bedroom condo, and these are the only windows I have. I really appreciate it!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Balance Assembly
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Balance Shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Pivot Shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Balance Spring
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Clip
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to us! The pivot shoe you have is the 15-180 Coil Balance Shoe. To confirm that this is the right replacement take a look over the dimensions shown below; carefully compare them to your existing shoe.

Alternate image for 15-180
Alternate image for 15-180

This shoe is compatible with the Series 190 Coil Balance. Since one of the springs is stamped with an 8, you'll need the S190-840. Two of these coil springs will support a 16lb sash, so you'll want to be sure that the weight of the sash is 16lbs.

You may need the 33-073 phillips screw to secure the coil to the shoe as well as the 15-186 Coil Balance Clip and the 15-182 Balance Bushing. The 15-186 Double Support Detent Clip is used in instances where two coils are needed to support the sash weight.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.