Coil Balance from Alliance Window

A quick learner from Wisconsin says:
Picture of broken and intact coil balance units.
Please advise on replacement coil balance part number.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Spring
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Cover
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thank you for posting,

To further review, we will need to see the pivot shoe that the coil spring is attached to. The window sash will need to be removed for a view of the pivot shoe. From there we can determine which series you need for your window. Thank you! 

pictures of pivot shoe from Alliance double hung window.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot Shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot Shoe 2

Thank you,

We do not carry your exact pivot shoe, but we recommend reviewing the dimensions of the 15-177 that is compatible with the Series 152 coil springs. These work a little differently than your old springs, because the spring screws to the shoe instead of hooking onto it, but it should still work. 

Alternate image for 15-177
Alternate image for 15-177

If you need assistance with choosing the correct weighted coil option, please provide the weight of the window sash to move forward.

Also review the 15-143 bushing, 15-144 bushing cap and 15-145 support barrel. 

Sorry for the late reply but I wanted get past the sub-zero weather before I removed the window to weigh it, the window is 13 1/2 pounds.
thanks,
Bob

Thank you,

For a 13-1/2 pound window sash, you can use (1) S152-7 coil spring on both sides of the window to get you 14 pounds of support. Please review and let me know if you have any additional questions! 

I also need the plastic part that holds the coil spring, would that be 15-143 & 15-144, Coil bushing and coil bushing cap?

Hello,

Yes, see the 15-143 bushing, 15-144 bushing cap and 15-145 support barrel. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.