Coil Spring Housing Replacement

A home owner from Illinois says:
The existing housing has become brittle has started to fall part (It has on at least 2 windows). This is my first repair. I replaced the coil springs and housing. The issue is the new housing is a box. If I move the window up or down pass the new housing, I will break off the tabs on the tilt window. I noticed you have Coil Dual Support that tapers on the top which would solve lowering the window, however it looks flat with groves that would break of the tilt tabs when raised. Is there a housing that is tapered on the top and bottom similar to my existing housing?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named New_Housing.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Existing_Housing.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

Thanks for reaching out to us. We should be able to help with this but we'll need more information. Can you remove the original undamaged pivot shoe from the window track and show us some photos? That will allow us to identify the compatible coil support. 

A home owner from Illinois says:
Attached are photos on the shoe next to a ruler.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230621_074922.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230621_074856.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230621_074907.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Your old pivot shoe looks like a match for the 15-199. This is used with either the 1/2" Series 160 or 3/8" Series 165 coil springs but the best match ultimately depends on the width of your old spring. The S160 springs use supports with a squared-off top such as the 15-150D, 15-150T, and 15-150S. Whereas the S165 springs use the 15-204, 15-205, and 15-206 supports with a "sloped" top. 

The new support housing in your first photo is squared off so I'm thinking that side houses the Series 160 springs when you actually need the Series 165 springs which are designed to use those "sloped" top supports we discussed before. I recommend you measure the band on your original coil spring to confirm it's 3/8" like the Series 165

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.