Coil balance

A quick learner from Lebanon NJ says:

Coil balances broken. On the cover plate for the most part is showing numbers 1 and 7. Another one 7 and 8. Same size windows. The sash weighs 21,8 lbs. it will be for four windows total replacement of coil balancers. My name is Ray. Thanks.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0512.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0513.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0515.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0516.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0517.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Our records indicate that the company that made your pivot shoe is no longer in business. I believe our 15-177 could still work as a replacement, which uses the S152 coil springs. Just make sure that the dimensions below match up to yours. 

Alternate image for 15-177
Alternate image for 15-177

We would also need to see your pivot bar uninstalled to confirm if it would be compatible with the new pivot shoe. If it has two prongs sticking out, you will need to file them off to fit the new shoe. Take a look and see what you think. 

A quick learner from Lebanon NJ says:
I checked my pivot shoes and spring covers and bushings they are all good. Can I change just the springs? If so what number springs to order and costs. It will be for 4 windows bottom sages only. They weighed 21.8 lbs. the pivot arms did have the lobes on the ends. I attached the pictures of them. Thanks Ray.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

You may be able to replace just the coil springs as long as the originals match the 1/2" width of the S152. If you decide to give it a try, you would need to use one S152-5 and one S152-6 on each side to support the weight of your sash. 

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.