Coil balances

A quick learner from Omaha ne says:
Trying to figure out which coil balance pieces to order. The only marking I see on the coil itself is "406"

Can you suggest some parts to try? I have a bunch of these that have failed on my house, these were installed in about 2005?simonton windows - various sizes.

Appreciate the the help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0642.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0643.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0644.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0645.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0646.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I am afraid this Simonton coil balance system is no longer made. We've devised a substitute solution. See our 15-259 Pivot Shoe. This shoe uses Series 159 Coil Balances. We have a video that explains this entire conversion process. Check it out below. To know what spring weights to select for the replacement coils, give me the exact weight of your window sash, and I can work it out for you.

A quick learner from Omaha ne says:
Great! The window sash is 19 lbs
Profile picture of Bob

That's perfect, thanks. If the sash weighs 19 pounds, you can use the S159-9 9.5 pound coil spring, one for each side of the sash. That will total 19 pounds of support overall. Since you're going to be just using one coil per side, you can use the 15-255 Single Support. Follow the instructions in the video for further details, and let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

A quick learner says:
Perfect...thank you for your help, i have ordered the parts you suggested!
Profile picture of Bob

Great, thanks for the purchase! It means a lot.

Please feel free to reach out if you had any other questions, and I would be happy to advise.

How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.