Color tip of sprial tilt balance

A quick learner from 11801 says:
The original balances are green tipped. You offer red, blue and black tips.
If it's a tossup between two colors I would prefer to go to the more heavy duty.
What would be the color tip replacements of your product?
Thank you, Tony
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Are you sure you need the Series 600 balance? Your tube is 5/8" in diameter? The thinner S900-18 does come in a green tip, so I want to make sure you begin the identification process on the right foot.

Hi Ben, I measured a 9/16" diameter with a Vernier caliper.
I understand the 9/16 is commonly called 5/8". I didn't weigh the sash but they were heavy and have 3 panes of glass. Other than cost is there any downside to using the black tip balnces?
Thank you, Tony
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

The S600-18 with a black tip is good for 29 to 40 lb. sashes. Check the weight of your sash to see if it falls in this range. If so, you can use it.

Hi Paul, I checked the weight and the sash is 22 lbs. I see that on your web site that the blue will be a better fit. Thanks for the help.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.