Combo balance

A contractor from New York says:

The length of the balance is 32 inches, I need an order for 250 windows and I'm located in New York. The weight of the window I don't know yet.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Manco 3 full length.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Manco 2 shoe.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named manco 1.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It looks like you may have balances similar to our S770 that attaches to the top of the window jamb with a screw but yours appears to use the 62-105 hook, which would attach to a pivot shoe like the 15-105. I would recommend starting by confirming that the specifications below match up to yours. Also, I would recommend confirming the exact weight of your sash since your balance stamp does not match any of our strength options.

Please note that this would need to be a custom order, so it is important to confirm all of the details before moving forward with an order. Since you are looking to purchase so many, you could also consider starting by ordering two balances to try in one window since custom orders are not able to be returned for a refund. Thank you! 

Alternate image for 62-105
Alternate image for 62-105

Open position 15-105
Open position 15-105

View of 15-105 in the Closed Position
View of 15-105 in the Closed Position

Hope this pictures can help you better !!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PHOTO-2023-06-12-12-33-53.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PHOTO-2023-06-12-12-33-53.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PHOTO-2023-06-12-12-33-54.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PHOTO-2023-06-12-12-33-54.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PHOTO-2023-06-12-12-35-06.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us but, unfortunately, these photos do not give us any new information. If the dimensions are shown in the images that we sent you, we would be happy to send you an order link and price quote but we will still need you to confirm the weight of your sash and the number of balances you'd like to start with. 

Yeah this balance has the reference number 3135
Profile picture of Casey

I understand but, unfortunately, the 3135 and 3140 stamps from your original balances do not match the strength options listed for the S770-32 channel balance. For this reason, we would need you to confirm the exact weight of your window sash to make sure that your replacement balances are calibrated properly. 

The weight is 43 Ib
Count 4

need a spiral to replace this balance.
Profile picture of Casey

Unfortunately, we do not recommend trying to replace channel balances like yours with spiral balances, which are generally used in windows with lighter sashes than yours. With that being said, we can still supply the custom channel balances we discussed, but your sash weight falls right on the cusp of the two strength options shown below. Just let us know which you'd like to go with and we'll be ready to send you an order link and price quote. 

32H: 40-43 lbs

32I: 43-45 lbs

Hello sorry for the late reply but the owner was away for a few days.
We need 2 of each, a pair of the ones you recommend and a pair of the spiral ones I'm suggesting. I gave you the specifications already.
Hello sorry for the late reply but the owner was away for a few days.
We need 2 of each, a pair of the ones you recommend and a pair of the spiral ones I'm suggesting. I gave you the specifications already. 32I: 43-45 lbs And a pair of spiral balances with the same strength options. Thank you very much
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. We just sent over an order link and price quote for two of the channel balances that we discussed. As we mentioned, we are not able to recommend spiral balances for your application but you are welcome to look through our selection here. Take a look and let us know if you need anything else. 

These are the other type of balances that the building has. Please add them to other quote. Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1866.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1867.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. I can't be sure based on your photos but I suspect that you may be showing a type of hybrid spiral balance. If so, there should be a stamp code on the housing tube that we will need to determine the correct replacement. We will also need to know the exact length and diameter of the tube, not including the spiral. It would also help to see a close-up photo of the end of the tube where the spiral extends from. 

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.