Contact SWISCO

A quick learner says:
I'm having trouble getting the right crank handle for my crank-out casement windows (pair); I recently ordered 39-274, but the spline didn't fit over the crank receiver - too small. I've re-measured and think an 11/32" is right, but would ideally like the 39-274 item in that size if available. However, your website isn't showing that in the slightly larger size, and the only 11/32 cranks are configured a little differently, which worries me that the crank handle may not clear the window stool right below it. What you do have in the 11/32 cranks is this (you can see the style difference): https://www.swisco.com/Long-Crank-Handle/pd/Replacement-Window-Operator-Accessories/39-114L. I don't want to order this and have it not fit and then have the expense of returning still another item. Help me out here.

here is a pic of where the window crank handle gets inserted. As best as I can tell, the diameter is ΒΌ". The crank I previously ordered was well-made and of good quality, but simply didn't fit over this part. So if there is a similar item with a slightly larger spindle (if that's what you call it) opening, that might work here.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named JC2.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us! I'm afraid we don't sell a version of the 39-274 handle with an 11/32" spline. If you're worried about the handle hitting the sill, we recommend you consider the 39-102 T-handle or the short 39-114 handle. The total "wingspan" for the T-handle is 2-3/8". Look over the specifications and see what you think. 

Dimensions for 39-114
Dimensions for 39-114

A quick learner from Mechanicville, NY says:
Thanks for your help; I did find two handles that work in the meantime, and am happy with how they fit.
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for informing,

Please let us know if you have any future hardware questions! 

SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a wood casement window crank
How to install a wood casement window crank
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.