Craft line cranks need help figuring what to do to fix

A home owner from Colorado says:
Hi! I have several broken cranks. Don't know the terms but hoping to get some guidance on what I need to replace.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4605.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4604.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! It appears that worm gear in your casement operator is completely stripped and removed from the operator base. These means you will need to replace the entire crank mechanism.

I am confident that we can supply you with the replacements needed for your window, however, I'll need to see a photo of the entire operator, preferably removed from the window. If you are having difficulty with opening/closing the window, it will help to see one that is similar.

I am specifically looking to see photos of the body of the operator as well as the arm(s) and how the operator connects to the bottom of the window.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

A home owner from Colorado says:
Thanks, I'm pretty useless but maybe more photos? The crank just spins?no opening on the broken ones.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4608.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4607.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4606.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

You're not useless at all! There are so many different contributing factors that come into play when replacing door and window hardware. We also learn new things in this industry every day!

Your awning window operator appears to be either the 39-083 or the 39-140. To determine which of these is the correct replacement, you'll need to compare the wingspan measurement of your operator. Take a look at the dimensions below and compare them to determine if either of these is the correct match.

The compatible crank handle is part 39-114L and the window sash bracket is part 39-170.

Dimensions for 39-083
Dimensions for 39-083

Dimensions for 39-140
Dimensions for 39-140

How to Replace an Awning Operator
How to Replace an Awning Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.