Cranker no distinguish markings that I could see

A quick learner says:
Straight arm casement operator
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230827_120415481.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230827_120236344_HDR.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. This looks like a ROTO straight arm operator. Start by looking at our 39-400, with a 13-1/2" straight arm, as well as the 39-430 9-1/2" arm operator. Compare both with your old operator to see if either matches what you need; if not, let us know the length of your old operator's arm and I'll try and find something better. For a new handle, see the 39-232; for a new track slider, see the 39-541.

Alternate image for 39-430
Alternate image for 39-430
Alternate image for 39-400
Alternate image for 39-400

A quick learner says:
Need to order both right and left hand operators, are the item numbers different? If so, what are they? Thanks
This is for ordering purposes.
A quick learner says:
That's for the 39-430 operator
Profile picture of Bob

Great! I'm glad to hear that it's a match. The opposite handed version of our 39-430 is the 39-429. For future reference, you can see this code referenced on the product description on the 39-430 store page.

Please feel free to reach out if you had any other questions.

A quick learner says:
Yes sir, because I am not ordering an equal amount. I still need to know which one is right and which one is left. Example. I need 4 left and 2 right, but I don't know which # is what. Thanks
Profile picture of Bob

These aren't really defined by "left" and "right," unfortunately. I know that sounds counterintuitive, but the fact is that every manufacturer, contractor, and customer defines those terms differently depending on who you ask. There is no industry standard for orientation.

For that reason, we recommend ordering based on physical design. You can use our photos as a reference; key details to note are what direction the arm faces and what side of the base the handle sits.

A quick learner says:
How many options of crank handles do I have for the 39-430 operator? Could you please provide me with some comparisons. Thanks
Profile picture of Bob

Sure, the most common pairing is the 39-232, which I mentioned in my first response. This is a folding handle designed to fit nicely around the contour of the 39-430 base. A few other options are the 39-205, which is also a folding type but not specifically made for this style operator but will function regardless, and the 39-114L which doesn't fold at all. Finally if you wanted a different style, the 39-102 T shape handle would also be adequate.

A quick learner says:
Thank you very much for your time and patience Bob.
Profile picture of Bob

You're very welcome! We're always here to help.

A quick learner says:
I ordered some 38-139 and 38-095 but realized that the screws from the old piece doesn't fit. What screws work with these locks?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230925_133112020.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

These locks require a self tapping screw, since the holes are unthreaded. You can see the suggested screw for each lock on their respective store pages, under "Related Item(s)." For the 39-139, we suggest the 33-096; for the 38-095, we suggest the 33-097.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.