Crestline balance parts

A handy person from NJ says:
I have 1980's vintage Crestline single pane double hung windows. The balance springs and sliding connection at the end of the springs are breaking. Are these parts still available? If not is there a replacement mechanism that can replace these old ones?

Thanks for your help

Vern
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2683.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2682.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! The attachments on the bottom of your jamb liner spring appear to be the Crestline clutch, which is sold as a four piece set. This set has (2) upper right handed and left handed clutches as well as (2) lower for opposite hands. Look over the dimensions and compare them to your existing hardware to confirm that these are what you need.

Clutch pair 20-006
Clutch pair 20-006

Clutch pair 20-006
Clutch pair 20-006

We would not be able to supply you with the jamb liner springs, unfortunately. You'll need to contact a local mill work to speak with them about how to obtain a proper replacement. I apologize that we cannot be of help!

A handy person from NJ says:
Thanks Jasmine I think these are what I need. I realize there are left and right pieces but are the upper sash and lower sash different?

Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

These clutches are each marked for the part of the window they are intended to be used in.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.