Did not see any identifying markings or brand. Original windows in home built in 1980's

A quick learner from Littleton Colorado says:
Looking for a part to replace the broken pull shown in the picture.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230501_160304.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Your tilt latch resembles our 26-333 Better-Bilt Window Latch pair. To confirm if this is the right replacement, carefully compare the dimensions shown on the diagram below. This part is only available in black.

Alternate image for 26-333
Alternate image for 26-333

Thank-you. After watching the repair videos, It looks like I have Better Bilt windows and will also need the series 600 tilt window spiral balances, the 75006 spiral balance charging tool and the 15046 pivot shoes. How can I check to make sure these will fit?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230516_114919.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230516_114859.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230516_114325.jpg

To determine if the Series 600 spiral balance is what you have, you'll need to confirm the diameter of the metal tube. This should be 5/8", which may also appear to be around 1/2" (or 9/16"). There is a chance you could also have a 3/8" diameter and in that case, you'd need the Series 900

You'll also need to confirm the length of the metal tube, not including the plastic tip. This will help determine the weight range your balance tubes can support. Although, it looks like you balance does not have a tip color. If it doesn't, you'll need to obtain the exact weight of the movable sash. Once you have the sash weight, you'll be able to select the tip color using the chart shown below the product description for the series and length of your balance.

These balances both use the 75-006 spiral balance charging tool.

In regard to the shoe, to confirm if you've chosen is the correct replacement, you'll need to compare the measurements shown on the diagram below. If they are not a match, please write out the measurements for your shoe. I'd be happy to search for a more accurate solution.

Alternate image for 15-046
Alternate image for 15-046

The spiral balance barrel is 28" long and 3/8" diameter. The movable sash weighs 19.4#, The pivot shoe is smaller, 1-7/8" x 1" x 3/8" thick. I attached a picture. I also need the piece that screws onto the bottom of the window that goes in the pivot shoe. Picture is attached. Once I have all the part numbers, I will be ready to place my order. Thanks for all of your help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230524_125149.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230524_124827.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230524_092731.jpg

You'll need the S900-28 spiral balance with either the red tip (used on windows weighing 10 to 22lb) or the green tip (used on windows weighing 14 to 26lbs). They will both work well in the window.

Take a look at our 15-045, this appears to be the pivot shoe you'll need for your window. Like yours, it has a 3/8" thickness.

Dimensions for 15-045
Dimensions for 15-045

Your pivot bar appears to be the 26-041 2" Keller pivot bar.

Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.