Do you sell this sliding door handle?

A quick learner from New York says:
I would like to order a new sliding door handle
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I think we can help with this project. Before I suggest anything, though, can you tell me if you just needed the pull handle, or if you needed the rectangular lock in the door, as well?

If you just needed the pull handle, can you tell me the distance between the two installation holes, center-to-center?

If you needed the lock itself, can you kindly show me a picture of it without obstruction? The remnant of your pull is blocking a few important details that I'll need to review before I can make a suggestion.

Thank you!

I wouldn't mind a whole new lock but I definitely need a new pull
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3260.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! In that case, were you able to get that hole center to hole center measurement for me? I'll need that to search for both items. Thanks!

I think it's 6.75 inches. Does that sound about right?
Profile picture of Tom

That's around the ballpark of the usual size for this kind of pull, though we don't have anything with that exact spacing. The closest we have is our 88-002, which has holes measured 6-5/8" apart. You may want to triple check the hole spacing to be sure.

Alternate image for 88-002
Alternate image for 88-002

Now that I see the lock body, I can tell you with certainty that we don't sell a replacement for it. That "Daryl" tag is what tipped me off. This is a very old lock set that hasn't been made in a long time, and it's a little too big for any of our similarly designed lock sets to fit in the same space. There would be too much of a gap.

It is possible to replace it, and I've done it before, but it takes a fair bit of handiwork and it won't look pretty. If yours is still in working condition then my advice is to keep using it as long as possible.

If you did want to pursue a replacement, let me know and I can tell you my process.

Do you have this handle? This is the one that broke off
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

We do not sell this exact handle, no, and based on what my records say of this old Daryl door, I can tell you with confidence that it doesn't exist anymore. 

This door is very, very old. You're not going to find an exact match for the parts you're working with. Your only hope at this point is to try your best to get modern hardware to work on this old style door, which is a Hail Mary even in ideal circumstances. If your hole spacing isn't 6-5/8" apart, center to center, then you're going to have to do a fair bit of handiwork at the bare minimum. 

Like I said above, we have a trick for this door, but it's pretty involved. You need to be braced for an afternoon's worth of work, and even after that it's not a guarantee.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.