Enough information to order S 140 units.

A handy person from Richmond, CA says:
I am going to need 2 2-coil units for a tilt out single hung window. The old units were pretty completely destroyed removing them. I think I need 2 15-150 D units and 4 S160 series springs. The old springs were 1/2 " wide and marked "#6.5." I see you have 6.5 lb springs available in this series. I would need 4. I also need covers for the 15-150 D units. I do not see the covers offered. But then I see your Category S 140 offering which includes a sash carrier, a cover, and the appropriate number of springs. the old sash carrier carries the numbers 5.345.638, 6.584.644 B2 and Part# 801020. This is not an order. It's a question about whether I have sufficient information to correctly order w S 140 units. I can weigh the lower sash if necessary.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. You may be able to use our Series 140 in your window, but there are a few things to consider before you try it. Namely, you have to make sure that the old balance assembly has the same width and thickness (1-1/4" x 9/16"). Otherwise the Series 140 won't fit properly in the track.

The second thing you have to consider is that the Series 140 has a different style metal cam than most other pivot shoe styles, so your old pivot bars may also not fit.

We generally recommend sticking with what you have already. Looking at the parts you picked out, the 15-150D cover and S160-6 spring are perfectly compatible. Is there any reason you don't think these will work for your window? You did say that you don't see the covers offered, but I'm a little confused by that statement. The 15-150D itself is the cover. Can you clarify?

A handy person from Richmond, CA says:
Thank you for the information. I'll submit an order through the regular course of things when I get home. I'm traveling now. I can see from your reply that the balance assembly gets mounted with the open face toward the window frame. Thanks for your timely and useful information.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You're very welcome! Please feel free to reach out if you had any other questions. We're here to help at your convenience. We can pick this conversation back up right where we left off whenever you wish.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.