Exterior Door Weatherstripping

A home owner from North Carolina says:

I am hoping that you will have something that will work as a replacement.

The house was built in 1978 and the weather stripping became brittle and had to be removed.

I have been unable to find a replacement in local stores such as Lowes and Home Depot. Normal rubber/vinyl weatherstripping for current doors is too large and does and will not let the door close.

Thanks.

Donnie

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Exterior Weatherstrip Profile
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Exterior Weatherstrip Bottom
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bubble Profile View
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Top of Weatherseal
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! We do not carry an exact replacement for your exterior door weatherstripping. In fact, I am not confident that you would be able to find an exact replacement especially given the age of the home.

That said, I believe our 58-173 may be worth considering as a replacement. Although, I cannot make any guarantees that it will work since it has a kerf mount base.

Carefully review and compare the dimensions and design to your weatherstripping to determine if this is something that could possibly work as a replacement.

Profile diagram of 58-173
Profile diagram of 58-173

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.