External Til Latch Recommendation

A home owner from Cincinnati,Ohio says:
I am asking for a recommendation for external tilt latches. My window is ~ 1.5 inch thick (pictured here).

Previously ordered 26-132P - Internal Tilt Latch Pair and the hole for the 26-234 - Tilt Latch Actuator didnt align with the hole in my window frame.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20231007_133045.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. For converting to surface-mount tilt latches, we almost always recommend either our 26-228 and 26-229, or the 26-193 and 26-194. Now the 26-228 and 26-229 are 1-3/8" wide, so you'd have room for them, though it's a bit tight--so you might be just as well going with the other pair instead. In either case, the video below shows how to do the conversion process. Check it out and let me know if you have any other questions. 

A home owner from Cincinnati,Ohio says:
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm going to go with the 26-228 and 229 as existing holes for the tilt latch actuators may get in the way of the 194 and 193. I appreciate the quick response!
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Sounds good! I was happy to help. Please feel free to reach out if we can be of any further assistance.

Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.