Feldco vinyl double hung window balance hardware replacement needed

A handy person from Chicago says:
Feldco double hung vinyl window. Both balances broken on lower sash.
I wasn't able to remove the bottom sash. Not sure how. There is still a plastic piece in the track that the lower window metal pivot pin is attached to.

Balance number is 30D BS1 AV

Thanks for your help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3780.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3781.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3782.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3783.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3786.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

Our S770-30 channel balance with the 30D strength option looks like a match for what you have here. Note that this part installs at the top of the window track using a screw. In your first photo here, it looks like yours may install with a clip of some kind. Can you confirm that for us? 

It looks like the same balance except they had a clip to hang at the top instead of a screw. I would think installing the new one with a screw would work fine.

There was an additional pin that came out at the top of the balance that I am sure held the spring in place at the top as shown in the new balance image.

Attached are pictures of the right side jamb.

The pivot bracket at the bottom doesn't appear to be an easy removal (sash or pivot bracket) but it looks like I should still be able to install the balance with the window in place.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks for your help on this!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3790.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3791.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3792.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3796.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3797.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you for getting back to us! These photos are a huge help. We don't recommend drilling a hole in the jamb for the stock Series 770. We advise sticking with the original balance configuration your window was designed to use. With that said, we can help supply replacements for your balance but it will have to be a custom order since your balance uses something like the 19-029 or 19-030 S-clips to install. 

What I will do now is email you a purchase link and price quote for (2) S770-30 balances with a rivet in the second top hole. Note, the 19-029 and 19-030 are sold separately so don't forget to add your desired quantity to your cart! If you have any questions just let me know and I'd be happy to help. 

If you needed to remove the pivot shoe, we recommend the cutout method as demonstrated in the video below. You can also reuse it if it's in good shape. 

Thank you for your quick and thorough response to my inquiry!
Profile picture of Emily

You got it! Please let me know if you need anything else! 

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.