Folding Crank Handle

A quick learner from 22192 says:
Hello, I have a casement window that the crank has broken. Brand is unknown but it has 2108 on the insided of the handle. I ordered your 39-205 based on some comments I read but it is too big for the torx stud. A 5/16 hex socket fits over it and an e12 torx socket fits loosely. Can you help?
Thanks,
David
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We carry the 39-230 and folding 39-224 handles with a 5/16" hex base. Take a look and see if one of these could work for you. If you're unsure, feel free to get back to us with photos of your operator with the window open so that the arms that move the sash are fully visible, which would help us confirm which handles would be compatible. Thank you! 

View of handle socket
View of handle socket

It's a torx base not hex. A 5/16 socket fits over it. What do you have in a torn base?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Spline
Profile picture of Casey

Thank you for clarifying. The photo of the base helps but I would still like to see the operator with the window open and arms fully visible to confirm the exact operator that you have and which handles would be compatible. The 39-205 or 39-114L would generally be my first recommendation but since you're saying that the spline is 5/16", we'll need to see the entire assembly to get an idea of what might work for you. 

It is a double window. Here the other window is opened. Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Operator
Profile picture of Casey

This is exactly what we needed to see. Your operator resembles the 39-330, which uses the 39-232 handle but keep in mind that the diameter of the opening measures 11/32". We also offer the 39-329 opposite-handed version. Review the specifications from our product pages below and see what you think. 

Alternate image for 39-330
Alternate image for 39-330

Side profile view with measurements
Side profile view with measurements

Dimensions and alternate view of 39-232
Dimensions and alternate view of 39-232

Dimensions and profile view of 39-232
Dimensions and profile view of 39-232

Thank you. I was able to get the 39-205 to work--operator error!!!
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.