Glass patio door rollers

A quick learner from Clinton Twp, MI says:
I'm looking for the replacement rollers from a Dorwal patio door.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240210_122130[1].jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240210_122139[1].jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Dorwal patio doors often use rollers like our 81-005, 81-027, or 87-174; but I cannot be certain any of these are what you need without removing the original and comparing to these options to see if either of these match what you need. Let us know what you find. 

From what I can tell the roller assembly can't be removed without taking the bottom frame off the door. Unless there is some information you have for the Dorwal brand that I'm missing.
Profile picture of Bob

Sometimes with older, aluminum sliding glass doors, you have to indeed take the bottom panel off to get at the rollers. Are there frame screws on each side at the bottom of the door? If so, after removing the sliding glass door, place it on two saw horse or large table. Unscrew the frame screws on each side at the bottom of the door. With a block of wood and hammer, tap the bottom door frame from the glass. Now with some help in holding the bottom frame or using a vise, spread the frame to knock out the bottom roller assembly. It isn't easy, but that is how the service people remove the old rollers. Let me know if that makes sense, or if you have further questions. 

There is a single screw on each side that appear to hold the rollers in place as well as secure the bottom frame to each side. With that screw removed the roller will swivel but the cage remains secure in the frame.
Profile picture of Bob

The rail won't just come out once the screw is removed, unfortunately. You will need to use a bit of gentle force. I suggest using a block of wood and hammer. You need to hold the block of wood up to the rail and then tap it with the hammer to loosen it.

If you aren't comfortable knocking the frame apart like this, you may want to consult a local professional who has done this before. There is a risk of accidentally damaging the glass if you aren't careful. 

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.