Glazing for an aluminum window (unknown brand)

A home owner from Boise, Idaho says:
Hello, I'm looking for a replacement for this plastic glazing for an old aluminum window (brand unknown). The old plastic has gotten brittle.

If I find the right or compatible one, is it better for shipping to order two 6' or four 3' if my window is ~34"x28"?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named glazing.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us! Hopefully I can help you out with this project.

We sell a few different glazing beads that may work as a viable replacement for your old sample, but none of them are going to be identical. Since this window is aluminum its going to be very old, which means chances are high that this exact bead isn't made anymore. You'll need to try to find something that's as close as you can manage, but even the closest match will be a bit of a gamble. Just something to keep in mind as you move forward on this project.

Now, four possible replacements that come to mind looking at this are our 55-030, 55-196, 55-202, and 55-212. These may not look too similar at first glance but I think they're closer than they appear. Your old glazing's shape has been deformed after years of use; like you said, it's condition is very brittle now, so it's lost the kind of flexibility that would allow it to return to its original shape.

That also means that your given measurements aren't 100% accurate, and getting the precise size of your original will be difficult (if not impossible). There's no trick to get around that, you will need to just use your best judgement. 

Also note that there's a strong possibility that none of these four options will be an ideal fit. Like I said, this is an old window, so this won't be easy to track down, especially if you don't know who made the window. If you are able to track down the name of the manufacturer it will go a long way to making your life easier.

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.