HK Window Channel Replacements

A handy person from Green Bay WI says:
Good Day,

I have several windows with bad windows balance channels. The Channel is 33" in length and has a stamp of FE32HLK 3.S.I. The Issue I have is that all of the plastic top and bottoms are broken and some missing. Are you able to assist? Many Thanks
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! I am unable to identify the balances you need based on the stamp alone. The stamp only indicates the weight range your balances should be able to support based on the weight of the window.

Also, we are not familiar with the HK window brand. I am not sure that they are who made the window. If you can piece together even some of the broken tops and bottoms, that would be of great help.

If not, are you able to confirm the brand of your window? 

Here are the top components the bottom is the black 90 degree Leg with the metal catch.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1973.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1970.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5602.jpeg

Thanks for your photos. Are you able to provide a photo of an undamaged balance. To be able to confirm the right replacements, I'll need to see which balance the black shoe is attached to and I'll also need to see an undamaged blue shoe as well as the metal channel it is supposed to be attached to.

I am confident we can provide you with the replacements but I'll need to see these photos to recommend the best possible replacement.

The metal clip you have pictured here is the Long S-Clip, part 19-030. Look over the dimensions to confirm that this is the right fit. I am confident this is the replacement clip you'll need.

Alternate image for 19-030
Alternate image for 19-030

The sash stop appears to be part 55-110. Please be aware, it is only available in white.

Dimensions for 55-110
Dimensions for 55-110

Continued Thanks for all your help.

I do not have a photo of the inner rail (blue - stop)

Rails are 30" in length
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5604.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5603.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5607.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5605.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5606.jpeg

Thanks for confirming. It looks like you'll need the S751-30 channel balance. This comes with a black knife lock shoe like your original balance.

I am not able to see any stamps/marking on the metal channel of your 30" balances. Are you able to confirm the stamp? If not, you'll need to obtain the exact weight of your window. Then you'll use the chart below the product description of the balance confirm the stamp based on the the range weight your window falls between.

It is likely, you have some version of the Series 751 balance for the 33" balances, but I'll need to know the type of shoe attached to the balance to recommend the right replacement. If you believe it is the same as the black shoe, you'll need the S751-33 but if it is the blue shoe, I'll need to see an undamaged version. Also, I can't cross reference your existing stamp, unfortunately, so you will need to obtain the window weight to select the right stamp.

Do you know which balance the blue shoe came from? If so, would there perhaps be another balance in that window that might still be intact?

How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.