Handle Install Issue

A handy person from Orange County, California says:
I need to find a locking mechanism that is compatible with pre-drilled holes in door frame. It seems that this lock in blocking the holes, making it complicated to screw on new handle. Pictures client sent me that I have attatched, show what the problem likely is. You can see old the old and new handle sets. Client may also need a different handle with screw holes closer together, that will also match holes in door frame. Help would be much appreciated, thank you in advance.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized952021110695131417(1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized952021110695132705.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized952021110695131803.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized952021110695131417.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized_20211106_114324.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It looks like something is not lining up properly in your door. Looking at your photo of the mortise lock, I see that the mounting holes are blocked. Maybe that internal mortise lock is not installed properly. You may want to try removing it and reinstalling it to see if that helps. 

The mounting holes of the handle set for an assembly like yours are normally 3-15/16" but you should measure yours to be sure. Also, take a look at the suggested parts and videos we've related for you that should help get you on the right path. Thank you!

How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a sliding glass door
How to adjust a sliding glass door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.