Hardware

A home owner from Grove City PA. says:
These are from a double hung window in a modular home that was built in the late 1970's.
They attach to a spring balance and then latch into a slot on the window, there are 4 on each window and it appears all for are different, left and right side are different and inner and outer windows are different. There are 9 windows in the home and almost all the balances are non functioning. Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230703_123122526.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230703_123136231.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

I am afraid I don't recognize this shoe at first glance. Can you show me the balance spring it attaches to in the window? I have a feeling of what it may be, but I'd like to see it first to be certain. We'll do our best to narrow this down from there. Many thanks. 

A home owner from Grove City PA. says:
The springs are about 21" eye to eye and 9/16 diameter. First photo is profile of window track. Second photo is of one of few unbroken shoes, it is from the outer window track and right side. Thank you for the response.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230710_143356744.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230710_143405246.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230710_143537766.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I recognize this hardware. What you show in your first photo is similar to our 20-006 clutch set, which is used on very old Crestline windows (though I've seen it on other brand wood windows, too). The springs and jamb liners are unfortunately not something we can supply, but hopefully they can be reused. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.