Help please

A contractor from United Kingdom says:

Hi

Please can you assist, we need to replace a broken balancer coil and I don't know which one I need.

This is for a residential property in the UK

Many thanks

Trace

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FaultPhoto-2023-06-02_07_15_21-0000.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FaultPhoto-2023-06-02_07_15_08-0000.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FaultPhoto-2023-06-02_07_15_21-0000.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FaultPhoto-2023-06-02_07_15_42-0000.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, Trace.

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We don't sell this exact balance assembly but we do have an alternative that we think is worth considering. Take a look at the Series 140. Review the specifications and see how they compare with your old pivot shoe. 

Would it be possible for us to see a photo of the undamaged pivot bar removed from the sash? I just want to confirm if it'll be compatible with our part or not. 

Hi

Thanks for responding, please find additional picture as requested

Thanks

Trace
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FaultPhoto-2023-06-02_07_15_42-0000.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

This appears to be the pivot shoe, not the pivot bar. The pivot bar is the part that fits into the shoe which is what we would need to see removed from the window sash. 

I will need to book another appointment to visit site which could be a couple of weeks. Is there any way round this, could we order all components?
Profile picture of Emily

I'm afraid not. You're more than welcome to order the Series 140 but you would still need to weigh the window sash on a scale to determine the appropriate coil weights. I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

Hi

Apologies for delay in responding, the weight of the window is 4.85kg, please can I have a price for left and right coil springs.

Also please can you let me know how long delivery will take

Many thanks

Trace
Close Brothers
Profile picture of Emily

No worries! I would recommend the S140-5. A pair of 5-pound assemblies will support a sash weighing 9-10.99 pounds. Just note, the left and right are sold individually. Pricing can be found on the S140-5 store page and shipping will be calculated at checkout where you will also be given estimated delivery dates!

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.