Hinge Question

A quick learner from USA says:
36-004-10 - Shorter bar is at 45 degrees where it attaches at the fixed pivot point, his attaches further up. He has another question, which he'll include in the email.

Attached are the photos you requested to help explain my question. I need to replace the hinges on 5 vertical casement windows. Your product code 36-0040-10 (10" Stainless Steel 2 Bar Hinge Set) is very close to what is currently on my windows. The only difference appears to be where the angle piece with the clip is attached to the vertical bar in the photo. Mine is attached closer to the sliding end as shown in the photo. Will 36-0040-10 work as a replacement and perhaps just change how far the window will open?

Another question involves the opener mechanism. The windows have the two part bar with a pivot point. I am on the third floor and in order to get the first window off and see what I was dealing with I drilled out the pivot pin connecting the two bars in the center. Is there any way that you or someone else can suggest to replace that pin? If not, I will need to replace that entire mechanism.

Thank you very much for your help,
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Hinge base
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Hinge arms
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Hinge size
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Rusted hinge
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Operator
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I agree that the 36-004-10 or 36-048 hinge set would be our best replacement options for the hinges shown in your photos. These are versatile replacement options that can work in many cases as long as the top and bottom hinges are replaced at the same time. 

As for the operator, we would need to see a top-down photo of an undamaged assembly, including the arms that connect to the sash, to determine if a new rivet or replacement operator is available. Thank you! 

How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.