Hoping for a hardware solution to an install problem

A quick learner from Oregon says:
back in 2021 Steve R. was super helpful in helping me find a part in a window of ours that had broken (Coil Balance Shoe, Slate Blue, 15-175).

I'm hoping you can help me again. I'm having issues with that same window. well really the same issue that caused that previous issue.

I think the window was installed with a slight bow in the frame, though it could have happened over time. The result is that every once in a while the window moves in a away that the tilt latches (?) don't keep it in and the window tilts in on it own and breaks stuff. I'm attaching a photo of the latch we have.

I assume I might have a couple of options.. Try to adjust the window frame to take the bow out.. This is likely the right way.. But I'd really like to see if I can do anything with the hardware to fix it first.. Is there a different tilt latch that I could install that is longer or something?

Any advice you have would be appreciated..
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7323.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SClark 1.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. Thanks for reaching out to us. To fix a bowed window, you need to remove the inside trim along the sides of the window. There should be space between the window frame and the wallboard. With a pack of shims, add as many as you need to level the sides of the window frame to the sash. Try the sash. If the window frame is even to the sash, you can re-install the inside window trim. For your top tilt latches, look and compare our 26-390 and 26-391 top tilt latches with yours to see how they match up. 

A quick learner from Oregon says:
Thanks for this..

I was first hoping for a hardware solution rather than adjusting the window.. It looks to me like the interior trim is original (110 yrs old) and was not removed/reinstalled when these windows were installed.. I'm very worried about getting it off in one piece. I was hoping for tilt latches that have a longer retractable portion.. I will look at the linked latches but it seems like you are saying those should be direct replacements for what I have.

thanks

-steve
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

We don't have an extended tilt latch for your window, unfortunately. If the interior wasn't touched when they installed the windows, then I would recommend you check the outside to see if you can get between the window and the frame of the house.

How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.