How to tension with the available tool?

A quick learner from Bulverde, TX says:
I have a customer in need of (8) 3/8" x 30" red balances with clip on brackets #17-094. I am also a bit miffed about how to use the available tensioning tool since both holes have cross pins and the bracket utilizes the bottom pin. Please provide pricing and help with how to tension this configuration.

Thanks, Richard
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
What Series balance did you order, exactly? I think you might have ordered the wrong kind. For a bracket like our 17-094, you would use our Series 400 and a 75-005 charging tool. Check out the guide below for instructions on how to charge it with this tool.
A quick learner from Bulverde, TX says:
Hi Tom........I haven't ordered anything yet. Will the 400 series flat cross pin work with the 17-094 clip? The balances to be replaced have rolled cross pins that attach to the clip. If the flat cross pins will work, I'll just send in an order for 400s and the clips. Let me know.....Thanks

(Did the picture ever come through. I keep receiving a message that one file failed to upload.)
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
No, we have not received your images. They may be too large. You could try making them a little smaller before you upload.

As for the balance, the Series 400 does work with the 17-094. Are you sure that's what you have, though? Maybe you should try to successfully upload the image so that we can see what you have before we decide anything for sure.
A quick learner from Bulverde TX says:
Tom, jpg image attached.
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience. That does look like the 17-094 clip, but whoever fixed the windows before used the Series 900 balance, which is for tilt windows. If I were you, I would use the Series 400 balance with the 17-094 clip. I would also consider the 75-005 charging tool. You will find it easier to install.
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.