Hurricane Glass Slider

A handy person from Ft. Myers, FL says:
I have a patio slider made by Florida Extruders International (now out of business)that has a moving panel that is 4'x8'. The door weighs a good 200 lbs. The door was installed sometime around 2005. I've found a couple of other posts on the website that reference FEI sliders, but the rollers for those doors don't have the same mounting and adjustment set up as mine.

I know you can't tell me which door roller I need, but am hoping you can narrow me down to those that are consistent with the details below. I've attached a picture of the end of the door where there appears to be two mounting screws side by side. On the outside of the door (second pic), there is a hole at the bottom of the door at each end approx. 2-3/8" in from the ends and about an inch up from the bottom (both Centerline to the hole). This hole provides access to an adjusting screw to adjust the door height. There is no "pop out" track installed on this door.

Is this information enough to limit the possibilities to rollers with two end mounting screws and an adjusting screw on the side of the roller?

Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3402.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3403.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It is unfortunately not possible to identify your roller with any confidence based on the given information. The only thing I can tell you is that Florida Extruders sometimes used our 81-153, but that is nowhere near a guarantee. Based on the adjustment screw holes in your photos I have my doubts that this is a match, which is a point you already covered.

A this point, you could have anything. Your only option is to remove the door and take the roller out before you make a purchase. I know that's more work than you wanted to put into this project, but it has to be done. That's just how patio doors are designed and if you repair these it's just something you have to resolve to do from the start. There's no way around it.

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.