Window will not stay up
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230823_094125_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230812_104512_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230812_104518_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230812_104528_HDR.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your balance shoe resembles the 15-087 housing pivot shown below, which would use the S180 coil springs, 15-086 tandem housing, and 16-024 or 16-031 mounting bracket. Take a look and let us know if you need anything else. Thank you!

Detail of 15-087
Detail of 15-087

Series 180 coil balance diagram
Series 180 coil balance diagram

A home owner from Hawthorne hi says:
Is there a left n a right side or r they universal the other ones were marked left n right also all the pieces u mentioned r for 1 window replacement. This is all new to me. Thank u so much for responding Carmela
Good day again I have another question how do I know if I have a triple coil the video u sent me was how to replace that. I'm sorry I'm asking many questions. I just want to get all the right parts I have 3 windows that won't stay up. I want to make sure I get all parts for all 3 then I have to find someone to do the work. Thank u so much for all yr help I appreciate it. Carmela
Profile picture of Casey

This balance assembly is not handed, meaning that the parts can be used on the left or right side of the window. The parts that we mentioned make up one assembly, which you will need for both sides to support the weight of the sash. Once you remove the original hardware, there should be numbers on the original coil springs that indicate the strength options needed for the replacements. 

You also do not need to use three coils to follow our installation video. It just shows the general replacement process. The only notable differences would be the size of the cutout in the window and the number of tandem housings you would need to encase the coil springs. 

Thank u so very much. I will order the parts.
Profile picture of Casey

Great, just let us know if you have any other questions.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.