Identify parts

A contractor from Illinois says:
Working on a house i believe was built in the late 60's and windows appear to be original however cannot find any marking or part numbers of any kind. Any help would be appreciated
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230829_112157.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230829_111102.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230829_111024.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230829_111001.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230829_112449.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I'm not familiar with the type of hardware shown in your photos. Could you confirm if this is for an awning window that opens from the bottom or a casement window that opens from the side? I suspect that it if from an awning window but we want to be certain before we recommend any potential replacement parts since I don't believe your original hardware is still available. Thank you. 

A contractor from Illinois says:
These windows use the same track and swing arm guide on the top and bottom
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230914_131248.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230914_131411.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230914_131424.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230914_131441.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230914_131806.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It looks like your window could use the 39-457 operator, along with one of the tracks related on this page. The 39-504 installs in a similar way to the one you now have. However, you might need to use the face-mounted 39-520 track. The reason is that when you install a hinge set like the 36-004-18, you might not have enough clearance for the operator's arm. Take note that you might need to have a new sill cover made for the new hardware. As for the lock, I would recommend using one like the 38-075. Take a look at all of the suggested hardware to determine what would work on the window. Also, view the associated tutorial videos. 

How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Casement Window Lock & Keeper
How to Replace a Casement Window Lock & Keeper
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
How to install a wood casement window crank
How to install a wood casement window crank
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.