I'm looking to replace the channel balance on my sash windows

A quick learner from San Francisco says:
Hi, I'm looking for replacement parts for the channel balance for my sash windows. I unfortunately don't know who put in the original windows/channel balances but from your website, it looks very similar to some of the models you have. I have measured the metal stems to be 24" long. One of the balances had this "30E AH5 CMC 54" on it. Another had "24C" written on it. I've attached some photos in case that helps.

Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2356.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2357.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2359.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2360.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2362.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! Your channel balances look like they could be the Series 770 Channel Balance. For the balance marked 24C you'll need the S770-24 and for the balance marked 30E you'll need the S770-30.

This balance is made with a mounting screw-way on top, so you'll need to double check that your balances have these. If not, please let me know.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Hey Jasmine, thanks for the response. Can you tell me what kind of pivot shoes would I need?

To confirm the correct pivot shoe replacement, I'll need to see a photo of yours removed from the window. 

It does not appear to match the shoe typically compatible with the Series 770 balances, so I'll need to see the photos to confirm if there is a replacement we can recommend.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I'm still waiting on a handyman to help remove it since we need some sort of tool to widen the gap for the pivot shoe to be extracted. I measured it to be about 2" in length, 1" in width and about 0.5" width with the round metal thing jutting out another 0.5" (overall 1" depth). Hope this might help

Start with review and comparing part 15-167. I cannot guarantee that this is the right fit given that the part is installed. There is a chance that the measurements may differ once you've had a chance to remove it. Look over the dimensions below and compare them to your existing shoe to determine if this might be the right fit.

Alternate image for 15-167
Alternate image for 15-167

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.