Impact springs for 45 LBS sash

A quick learner from Pearl River La says:
This spring goes into an impact window I need 22 springs this size , I'm thinking the sash weighs about 45 LBS , do you stock these maybe and if so I'll need a price on them please, thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DDF76775-5F86-485F-8211-45450C11DB21.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 397396F1-341B-4D59-B6B3-F505190D166A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3FF69E73-56C8-4DCF-9F0D-3FE4AA357F25.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 14CE9729-9E9A-4499-8545-F855BD2B521F.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Can you tell me the diameter of the white tube? Can you also tell me if there are any stamps printed on the tube itself? 

If there are no stamps, and if the tube is 9/16" in diameter, then I think you should be able to use our S600-22 as a replacement. The only issue is, these can only support 40 pounds maximum with its strongest rating. You should get the precise weight of the sash, down to the ounce, just to be 100% sure.

The tube is 3/8 in diameter
Profile picture of Tom

In that case, you should consider our S900-22 balance instead. As long as your tube is 3/8" then this should work well for you.

Ok cool how much for 22 springs at 28 inches each
Profile picture of Tom

I'm sorry, I think I had a brain fart in my last response. I had told you that our S900-22 can work for you, since your tube was 3/8" in diameter. While that is true, the S900-22 absolutely cannot support 45 pounds. I had totally forgot that's how heavy your sash was from your first post. I'm very sorry about that! It's been a long week.

So, let me reset my response. If your balance tube is 3/8" in diameter, then I can guarantee your sash isn't 45 pounds. Conversely, if your sash is 45 pounds, then I can guarantee that your tube isn't 3/8" in diameter. No company ever made a balance that skinny that can support that kind of weight. It's not a matter of custom ordering a spring or anything, it's simply not possible. The balance is so skinny that it would buckle under the weight, no matter how strong the spring is.

In other words, one of those two details is incorrect. I would triple check both just to be 100% sure.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.