In need of a motise lock and handle set for my door. Multiple trips have been for naught.

A handy person from North Carolina says:
I have had multiple trips to the big stores Home Depot and Lowes to find what I need and have come up short 4 times. I am in need of a motise lock set and handles for my storm door. Nothing seems to get close to the fit unless I am willing to drill new holes into my storm door. I am hoping I can avoid that. The following are all the measurements I have taken.

I am in need of a motise lock set with handles.

HANDLES SIDE OF THE LOCK.
Size top to bottom 7-1/2"
Opening length 2-9/16"
distance between bolts 6-5/8"
width of opening 3/4"
widtho of former handle is 1-1/8"
Width of door frame is 2"

LOCKING SIDE
Door width 1-1/2"
Opening Width 11/16"
length of opening 6-3/16"
bolt distance apart is 6-15/16"
Older covering was 7-7/8 - 8" length.

Maker of door is PPG Herculite K Trempe Tempered -photo attached.

I hope you can help.
-Brent

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named missing storm door handle
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named mortise lock cut out
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello there! It's hard to be certain with missing hardware. However, take a look at the handle sets and videos we've related for you on this page. These look like they match up to the dimensions you need for your door but take a look at the specifications and see what you think. 

However, the 40-049 and the 40-183 come with sheet metal screws to mount the front and back face plates but your door has holes all the way through the door. With that said, you would need a type of through bolt to mount the face plates. A local hardware store should be able to assist in this regard. The 40-097 in the white and black finish comes with a type of through bolt to fasten the face plates.

How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.