Independent Mirror Industries, Inc.

A home owner from Warbranch says:

I have a 20-22 year old Independent Mirror Industries, Inc. (Canada) 36" mirrored bifold door. In the process of removing it temporarily for a bathroom remodel, we ruined the bottom track, which was "grouted" to the floor tile. 

I need the bottom track, PLUS I should just go ahead and get the top track, and the rollers and pins and hardware set. (Everything except the handle, unless it automatically comes with). Is this still available? Tried to contact them directly with no response. Do you HAVE to have a model #? And if so, where is it? Doesn't appear to be on the sticker that say Ind. Mirror Ind. 

Here are some photos that may help in selecting the correct tracks and hardware. Again, no model numbers ANYWHERE (that I can see)...but I have good photos of the door hinge pins, the roller, the 2 tracks (36" exactly), and the "receiver" in the bottom track. (Not sure what happened to the one in the top, and the "spring pins" for the rollers are also now unfindable. 

I hope this allows you to see what I need. If so, gimme a quote, and I'll send payment and delivery info.!! Again, I need both tracks, both hinge pin receivers, both door roller pins, and the track rollers.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Door Pins (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Door Pins (2).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Top & Bottom Tracks.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Track Hinge Pin Receiver.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Track Roller.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, thanks for reaching out to us. I think we can help with this one. Your door looks like it uses a combination of metal and wood bifold door parts; in your case, I see the 23-118 pin, 21-175 bracket, and 21-174 track glide. We also sell the 21-452 track, which comes with the bracket and track glide already included. If you're buying the track you won't need to buy those separately. Just note that I'm not 100% sure if this is the right size you need. Refer to the diagram below to confirm.

Dimensions of the low profile track assembly.
Dimensions of the low profile track assembly.

It's also important to note that these are our product codes, which we assign ourselves. Every company that sells these is going to have a different code and none of them are going to be directly related to the manufacturer's designation. You aren't going to find model numbers printed anywhere on the door, either as a sticker, stamp, stencil, or anything else. They don't want to make it easy for you because they want you to just buy an all new door. The only way to ID this kind of thing is with a combination of a good eye and an accurate tape measure.

I'm SO amazed!! You know your stuff!! The track is EXACTLY correct, and by the looks...everything else is an exact match too. I will need a top and bottom track (with bracket and guide), and I will need 4 pins. You're right.....they DON'T want you to replace parts so you will instead buy a whole new door. The door is in PERFECT condition, so I can't see replacing it over a ruined track! Thanks SO much for the time and effort! Placing order now! =)
OOOPS! I should have provided more photos. It looks like my pins are NOT for a wood bifold. The hole in the "receiver" is exactlt 1/2", and the spring pin is exactly 7/16". (The one for wood doors is 3/8"....which is too small.) This will also mean I need the "adjustable bottom hinge pin" to accomodate 7/16" instead of 3/8". Does the bottom track automatically come with the pivot bracket that accomodates the "adjustable bottom hinge pin" that has the "star-type" bottom pin that unscrews for height adjustment? Or are the top and bottom pivot brackets the same? So sorry to add confusion!!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Receiver for Hinge Pin.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Spring-Loaded Hinge or Roller Pin.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I see what you mean. Looks like the corner in your door is the same as our 23-409 connector block. This is compatible with a few different kinds of pins, chief among them the 23-115. This happens to have a 7/16" body and a 1/4" tip, which is compatible with the bracket that comes with the 21-452 track. Look this over and see if this would be a better match.

How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.