Installation - Leigh UV metal bifold doors

A quick learner says:

So none of the parts I've ordered for my customers doors have worked. Both times the top guide pin hasn't worked they aren't fitting inside the track and the guide pin is spring loaded so it needs something to hold into.

I don't have any photos of the original hardware. I don't have the old parts they are Leigh UV metal bifold doors there's two of them 5' wide I've gotten my customer a low profile bottom track and a 5' top track but the top guide pin pieces that are supposed to hold the spring loaded pin in place do not fit into the top guide track.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. Sorry to hear you're having trouble finding the right parts for these Leigh doors. There is a limited inventory for Leigh parts, the tracks in particular, because Leigh discontinued these doors in the last century. For the 5' opening, you will need two 21-402 tracks, one for the top and one for the bottom. Use the 21-002 for the bottom pivot pin, as well as three 21-007 spring loaded pins. While the nylinders you purchased (the 21-150) work with the 21-002 adjusting pin, the 21-007 actually comes with a nylon sleeve, so nylinders won't be necessary. You will use one 21-007 pin for the top pivot and the other two for the top and bottom guide pins. Let us know if that all makes sense, or if you have further questions. 

A quick learner from Indiana says:
Okay so what actually holds the spring loaded top guide pin in the track since you said it comes with it or something but what's going to go and actually hold the weight of the metal door on the track with it being a spring loaded pin?
Profile picture of Paul

The 21-402 track comes with a sliding bracket that directly connects to the pin. The top nylon guide fits snugly into that bracket and keeps the pin and door in place during operation. We actually have a video that shows how most of this hardware works that you may find helpful. I'll share it below.

A quick learner from Indiana says:
So I got all the parts you advised me to get and first off the guide pins do not clip on the proper spot correctly then when I'm installing the door there's a raised floor behind where there's a washer and dryer so opening and closing the door it hits the raised floor be but if I raise the door to high it won't fit into the bracket because the door is to high I've made 4 orders with you guys and I still have not been able to get these doors to properly work my customer is extremely irritated and idk why it's so hard to just put new parts in like what was in it before
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Paul

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble. It sounds like the major problem here is with the raised floor. If this was a modification someone made after the doors were installed, which is likely, then there may not be much you can do in this situation. The simple answer is that these bifold doors weren't meant to operate in this kind of application.

Like you already pointed out, you can only raise the door so high to allow it clearance, but then you run into the issue of it not fitting to begin with. That's not really a problem with the hardware, nor is there any pin or bracket combination you could buy that would fix it. That's a problem with the uneven floor, which would eventually have to be addressed if you want this door working properly.

The way I see it, you would either need to fix the floor so that it's level, which would give your door the clearance it needs to function properly while still fitting in the opening. Or, you need to consider an all new door that would better suit this application. There is nothing that we sell that would allow you to circumnavigate this issue.

How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.