Installing on old windows

A quick learner from San Francisco, California says:
Can I use the stop device on older model metal windows?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230605_164209.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230605_164230.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230605_155608.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! This operator looks very similar to our 39-044 and 39-045. These may be just the parts you need, but review our specs and see what you think.

Dimensions for 39-044
Dimensions for 39-044

A quick learner from San Francisco, California says:
That is exactly the mechanism on my windows. My question is whether or not the sash stop device will work with it. It cannot be "popped out" as seen in the video. Please advise. Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Gotcha, sorry for misunderstanding. Are you referring to our 39-398? If so, I can't really verify whether or not it can work on your window.  You seem to have plenty of space on the sill, so I see no problem there. The only issue I see arising is whether or not you can drill holes on the bottom of the sash. You seem pretty high up, so removal of the sash would be advisable. If you can't remove the sash, then I wouldn't try it.

How to Install a Sash Stop Device on a Casement Window [1080p]
How to Install a Sash Stop Device on a Casement Window [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.