Interior handle

A handy person from Surprise, Az. 85378 says:

Series 6820 SGD SGD-R20-96 X 96 . IWC is stamped on interior handle . Has a exterior lock . Door is 1" thick. Screws are 3 15/16 center. Is the interior handle is cracked and bending, is this part available? Or the whole system? Thanks Bruce 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Mortise Lock
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Exterior Handle
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Interior Handle
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thank you for posting,

Unfortunately the interior handle is not available by itself. You will need to replace the full set. I cannot confirm from your picture if the locking lever is centered on the handle or offset towards the bottom. Start by taking a look at the 82-030A handle set with a centered lever or the 82-030B with an offset lever placement. Both these sets have a 3-15/16" installation hole spacing form center to center. 

Please note that when we see this type of damage to the handle, it may be due to the pressure that is needed to pull the door open/closed. If you find that the door is not running smoothly, it may be due to the roller assemblies or debris in the track. I would recommend checking these parts for damage or the same thing may happen to the handle again overtime. I realize this is not an easy thing to debunk as it will require removing the door. 

If you also need a new mortise lock, please review the dimensions of the 82-226 to see how it compares to your original. Let us know if you have any additional questions! 

How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.